Cboe (Chicago Board Options Exchange) has announced it will stop listing of bitcoin futures.
- It will not add new bitcoin futures in March.
- Final batch roll off in June …. after that nothing.
- CBOE has been the first futures exchange to list BTC futures (cede XBT)
- It hasn’t completely ruled out other cryptocurrency derivatives, says it is assessing its approach.
BTC futures also trade on the CME, cash-settled and also denominated in USD
has not announced any changes
- CME bitcoin futures’ 30-day average volume is more than four times larger than Cboe’s.