- BetterHash is a new mining protocol with the aim to make mining pools more decentralized
- The idea was proposed by Bitcoin Core contributor Matt Corallo
One persistent problem in the Bitcoin ecosystem is the centralization of mining, specifically, in the hands of mining pools.
Mining pools are entities through which bitcoin miners combine their computing resources (hash power) to coordinate mining activities. This process provides would-be individual miners with a regular payout of block rewards and transaction fees, as the mining pool rewards miners based on how much hash power they are contributing to the pool, not who was first to find a bitcoin block.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].