TAYLOR COUNTY, Fla. (WCTV) – The Taylor County Sheriff’s Workplace is warning residents of a utility rip-off that has been circulating in the neighborhood just lately.
TCSO mentioned that scammers are calling residents and pretending that they’re utility firms.
The company suggested of some warning indicators that the decision is faux:
- If you recognize you already paid, cease. Even when the caller insists you may have a late invoice. That’s a giant pink flag.
- By no means give out your banking data by e-mail or cellphone. Utility firms don’t demand banking data by e-mail or cellphone. And so they received’t drive you to pay by cellphone as your solely possibility.
- Did the caller demand cost by present card, money reload card, wiring cash or cryptocurrency? Don’t do it! Authentic firms don’t demand one particular methodology of cost. And so they don’t usually settle for present playing cards (like iTunes or Amazon), money reload playing cards (like MoneyPak, Vanilla, or Reloadit), or cryptocurrency (like bitcoin).
TCSO additionally provided recommendation on what to do in the event you obtain certainly one of these rip-off calls:
- Involved that your invoice is late? Contact the utility firm instantly utilizing the quantity in your paper invoice or on the corporate’s web site. Don’t name any quantity the caller gave you.
- By no means give banking or private data over the cellphone except you place the decision to a quantity you recognize is authentic.
- Name us at 850-584-2429 and certainly one of our deputies will help you.
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.