The Congress is going through the warmth in Punjab, and the spillover impact is being felt in Delhi. Senior leaders of the occasion are publicly voicing variations with the management, prompting protests by others in the identical occasion.
Navjot Singh Sidhu has already proven his defiance, resigning because the president of the occasion’s state unit. Additional aggravating the troubles for the Congress, former chief minister Amarinder Singh met Union dwelling minister Amit Shah in Delhi, fuelling hypothesis a couple of change in camp, although he has formally denied any such transfer.
Listed below are the newest developments on the political disaster in Punjab:
• Taking a swipe on the Congress over Punjab turmoil, Union minister of state for dwelling affairs Ajay Kumar Mishra on Wednesday stated the occasion has develop into a car and not using a driver. Talking to information company ANI, the Union minister slammed Sidhu calling him “unstable” and “extraordinarily bold”.
• Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who’s coming to Delhi to fulfill Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday, attacked Rahul Gandhi, alleging he’s sinking the Congress occasion. “Amarinder was eliminated due to Sidhu, now Sidhu has run away as effectively. We do not have to do something so long as Rahul Gandhi is there,” stated Chouhan.
• In the meantime, Punjab transport minister Amrinder Singh Raja Warring on Wednesday ensured that each one the problems inside the occasion can be resolved quickly. Hinting that the occasion intends to retain Sidhu because the state Congress chief, the minister stated, “We’re like a household. If Sidhu Ji has stated one thing in anger, then it doesn’t matter. He’s our occasion president and his resignation has not been accepted but.”
• Reacting to the developments in Punjab, senior Congress chief Kapil Sibal demanded a direct assembly of the occasion’s highest decision-making physique the working committee and questioned who within the occasion was taking choices within the absence of a full-time president.
• Sibal, a member of the ‘Group of 23’ which final 12 months had written to Congress President Sonia Gandhi, stated at a press convention that the grouping is “not a Jee Huzur 23” and can proceed to place forth the views and can proceed to repeat the calls for.
• He got here underneath assaults from a number of quarters with some Congress employees additionally protesting outdoors his home in New Delhi. Carrying ‘Get Effectively Quickly Kapil Sibal’ placards, Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) employees stated they had been “harm” by his remarks.
• Sensing a possibility forward of meeting elections within the state, Aam Aadmi Social gathering (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday stated that solely his occasion can provide an excellent and trustworthy authorities to the state. Kejriwal is on a two-day go to to Punjab.
• The Congress hit out at Amit Shah for assembly Amarinder Singh, with occasion chief Randeep Surjewala saying the house minister’s residence has develop into the “new centre of anti-Dalit politics”. Surjewala additional stated that the vanity of these sitting in energy has been harm ever since a Dalit (Charanjit Singh Channi) has been made the chief minister of Punjab.
• Dissension within the Congress’ Punjab unit erupted in Might however the management hoped the appointment of Sidhu as occasion unit chief and the removing of his arch-rival Singh as chief minister would tamp down tensions.
• However Sidhu’s resignation barely 72 days after being appointed took the occasion unexpectedly, and embarrassed Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who collectively orchestrated Sidhu’s appointment and Singh’s exit as a part of an effort to finish factionalism and enhance the occasion’s probabilities in subsequent 12 months’s state elections.