In response to its web site, the GCDA is “a nonprofit group that acts as a liaison between the Metropolis of Gadsden and the event group.” Its mission:
• Actively pursue new retailers for Gadsden;
• Present steerage to builders on allowing course of;
• Keep an intensive database of accessible improvement alternatives;
• Present demographic profiles to builders;
• Work with metropolis officers to advertise improvement of city-owned property;
• Help within the improvement of tax rebates on industrial initiatives.
This text initially appeared on The Gadsden Occasions: Gadsden Commercial Development Authority’s mission